We all know that apple cider vinegar (ACV) has a lot of benefits for the human body and skin. Their benefits are claimed on many websites throughout internet. Some event claims that apple cider vinegar, if taken daily, could prevent and cure headaches and migraines. So, is it real? How to use apple cider vinegar for headaches and migraines? Check out the answer from Wikiyeah.com!
How To Use Apple Cider Vinegar For Headaches
Has been used for centuries as a natural antiseptic ingredient to disinfect the wounds, apple cider vinegar also helps calm sunburn, relieve heartburn or acid reflux, eliminate foot fungus, and possibly cure a headache.
Basically, when it comes to headaches, there are some types of headaches, which are: migraine headaches, tension headaches, sinus headaches, rebound headaches. Migraine headaches might be the most serious form of headaches. It often happens on the side of your head and might be associated with your brain’s arteries. The blood vessels will become swollen or inflamed creating a pressure on the walls causing the pain. Those sufferers of headaches may be sensitive to noises, light, smells and physical activities might make the problem worse. The stressors could be stress, menstrual period, anxiety, fatigue, caffeine, hormonal changes, oral contraceptives, chocolates, and some drugs. For headaches sufferers, it is wise to keep track of the things they consume or impact them instantly prior to an episode.
To treat headaches at home, you could make use apple cider vinegar. There are a few home remedies for headaches using apple cider vinegar that you could use. You can try them all to see which one can work the best for you. Some of the most effective methods are:
1. Apple Cider Vinegar And Honey
- Take 2 tablespoons of organic apple cider vinegar and 1 tablespoon of honey and add them in an 8 ounce glass of cold water.
- Drink the solution 2-3 times per day.
- In case you feel 2 tablespoons are too much, then you can reduce to 1.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar And Water
- Boil out the mixture of the equal amounts of water and organic apple cider vinegar.
- Remove it from the heat
- Place a towel over your head
- Inhale the vapors rising from the bowl for 10 minutes
Apart from a headache relief, you can also experience other benefits of this method of using apple cider vinegar for headaches.
- There is one thing to be aware of when it comes to learning how to use apple cider vinegar for headaches is that ACV also consists of tannins, the substance triggering migraine attacks. Some people even consume a diet which is low-tannin to prevent migraines. So, for safety, you should consult your doctor, particularly if you have diabetes because ACV can upset the blood sugar balance.
- Also, always dilute ACV because original ACV could damage the tissues of your throat and mouth and ruin your tooth enamel. Rinse out your mouth water sipping it.
- For those who use ACV in the long term, ACV could lower potassium levels and affect the bone density. Think twice before taking advantage of ACV over a long time if your family has a long history of osteoporosis.
- For those taking medications like laxatives, diuretics, or meds for heart disease and diabetes, consult the doctor.
- Buy from a trustable brand.
Despite the scientific evidence for using apple cider vinegar for headaches as a headache-fighter may not clearly exist, it can help at least indirectly if used as a part of the daily healthy diet. Thus, it is not a bad idea to add ACV to your diet as a healthy choice.