Banh Mi is a Vietnamese sandwich, often made with pork or chicken and full of pickled vegetables. The banh mi sandwich itself is the product of many miles traveled: the crusty bread brought to Vietnam by colonists, filled with all of the hot, bright, fresh, meaty, intensely tasty elements of the local cuisine. The combination of flavours and textures is something that most people fall in love with, once they are tried them once.
Of course, you could easily stop by a Vietnamese deli and pick up a couple of sandwiches for a song, yet sometimes, you just want to assemble everything at your own home. This is very good for those people who love making up their own dishes. If you want to go light on the cilantro or on the pâté, assembling your sandwiches at home is the easiest way to go.
Banh mi is essential for encasing without overshadowing the other ingredients. Vietnam-style sandwich – Banh Mi is often made with rice and wheat flour, which makes for an airy crumb. My name is Vanessa – a Vietnamese woman. My favorite junk food is banh mi and I want to share this delicious food to everyone. This article from Wikiyeah.com will help you know how to make banh mi at home with easy-to-find ingredients with an easy banh mi sandwich recipe.
The easy banh mi sandwich recipe making 1 sandwich needs the following ingredients:
- 1/2 cup of rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup of white sugar
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1/4 cup of carrot, cut into 1/16-inch-thick match sticks
- 1/4 cup of thinly sliced white onion
- 1/4 cup of white (daikon) radish, cut into 1/16-inch-thick match sticks
- 1 skinless, boneless chicken breast half
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Garlic salt to taste
- 1 (12 inch) French baguette
- 4 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup of thinly sliced cucumber
- 1 small jalapeno pepper – seeded and cut into 1/16-inch-thick match sticks
- 1 tablespoon of fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 wedge lime
The below are the directions of this banh mi sandwich recipe:
1. Initially, you place rice vinegar, water, and sugar into the saucepan over medium heat, the bring to a boil, keep stirring till the sugar has dissolved, for about 1 min. after that, let the mixture to cool.
2. You pour that cooled vinegar mixture over the radish, carrot, and onion in one bowl, and allow them to stand for no less than 30 minutes. Then, drain off the excessive vinegar mixture after the vegetables have marinated.
3. Whilst the vegetables are marinating, you preheat the ovens’ broiler and set that oven rack about 6 inches from the heat of source. After that, lighten oil a slotted broiler pan.
4. Sprinkle the chicken breast with pepper and garlic salt, and then broil on slotted broiler pan, turning once, till the center of that chicken breast is no longer pink and the surface turns brown. This takes about 6 minutes each side. Then, remove the broiled chicken and slice it into many bite-size pieces.
MORE: Palehacks cookbook – The ultimate guide for paleo diet
5. After that, you slice the baguette in half as the long way, do not cut if off. Then, pull the center of the bread out of the baguette halves, thereby leaving a proper cavity for the prepared ingredients. You need to place the baguette under the boiler for lightly toasting, from 2 to 3 mins.
6. In order to assemble Banh mi – Vietnam-style sandwich, you spread each half of the baguette toasted with a little bit of mayonnaise, and fill the bread with broiled chicken, picked carrot, cucumber slices, cilantro leaves, radish and onion, and jalapeno pepper. You could squeeze a wedge of lime over that filling, top with the left half of the baguette.
The amount of time for preparation this banh mi sandwich recipe is about 30 minutes, for cooking about 20 minutes. This will be ready for you to eat for 50 minutes.
Just simply follow this banh mi sandwich recipe and you will have a tasty yet healthy junk food for your family. Everyone will love it. I bet that.
Make sure you like WikiYeah on Facebook to be updated every time we post brand new tips and tricks on ways to live a healthy life.