II. Boneless Chicken Breast Recipes – Hummus-Crusted Chicken
This dish is good for you and also great-tasting. It is perfect for quick yet tasty meal that you could tweak to your taste. Hummus serves as the perfect sauce in this easy baked chicken dish. With just 10 minutes of preparation, 25 minutes of cooking, you will be able to get this perfect dish.
- Skinless, boneless chicken breast: 4
- Pepper and salt
- Zucchini, chopped: 1
- Yellow squash, which is chopped: 1
- Medium onion, which is chopped: 1
- Hummus, store bought or homemade: 1 cup
- Olive oil: 1 tablespoon
- Lemons: 2
- Smoked paprika or sumac: 1 teaspoon
- Preheat the oven to about 4500. Then, prepare a large baking dish with cooking spray (2 smaller baking dishes are okay)
- Pat chicken dry. Season the chicken breasts with the generous pinches of pepper and salt. Then, in one large bowl, you toss zucchini, onion and squash with the olive oil till evenly coated before seasoning with pepper and salt.
- If you use one baking dish, then you can place all of the veggies on the bottom of the dish in an even layer. Lay 4 chicken breasts evenly on top, and then cover one with the hummus so that the whole breast will be covered. You need to squeeze the juice of one lemon over the veggies and chicken. Then, sprinkle that pan with smoked sumac or paprika. Slice the lemon remaining thinly before placing them in between the veggies and chicken if you love. However, if you use two pans, then use one for veggies and the other for chicken.
- Bake for 30 minutes or so, till the chicken is cooked through and the veggies become tender. You had better serve instantly. [Read: banh mi sandwich recipe]