III. Boneless Chicken Breast Recipes – Creamy Chicken Broccoli And Quinoa Casserole
In this list of healthy chicken breast recipes, nothing like an easy casserole recipe to make a hectic weekday a bit easier. Creamy, divine and comforting, this Weight Watchers casserole recipe is extremely healthy as it is tasty. Full of fiber and protein, this dish is so satisfying and makes a great all-on-one meal.
1. Ingredients (For 6 Servings)
- Reduced sodium chicken broth: 2 cups
- Milk: 1 cup
- Flour: ½ cup
- Water: 2 cups (divided)
- Uncooked quinoa which is rinse: 1 cup
- Cooked and crumbled bacon: ¼ cup
- Boneless and skinless chicken breasts: 1 pound
- Seasoning: 2 teaspoons
- Shredded Gruyere cheese: ¼ cup
- Fresh broccoli florets: 3 cups
- Sauce: Initially, preheat an oven to about 4000 and generously greese one 9×13 baking dish. Then, bring chicken broth plus with a half of cup of milk to the low boil in the saucepan. Next, whisk the other a half of cup of milk with poultry seasoning and flour before adding the mixture to the prepared boiling liquid, whish till you get a smooth creamy sauce.
- Assembly: with this, you mix the sauce prepared in the first step, 1 cup of water, bacon, and quinoa in one large bowl, then stir them to combine. Then, you pour that mixture into the baking dish prepared. Slice chicken breasts into many thin strips and lay these strips over the top of the quinoa mixture. Next, you sprinkle it with seasoning and baked uncovered for about 30 minutes.
- – Broccoli: whilst the casserole lies in oven, you place broccoli in boiling water for about 1 minute till it turns a color of bright green. Next, you run it under the cold water and set aside.
Bake: get the casserole off the oven and check the combination by stirring it slightly around the pan. If necessary, you bake for an extra 10 minutes in order to get the right consistency. Upon the chicken and quinoa are cooked, the sauce is well thickened, you add the broccoli plus with a little bit of water (up to 1 cup) till the consistency turns creamy and smooth, and also, you could stir it up in the pan easily. Now, top it with the cheese and bake for about 5 minutes to get the cheese melt away. [Read: pumpkin smoothie recipes]