Should you use coconut oil for vaginal health? This is a common question among women with vaginal problems, particularly vaginal dryness. In older women, a common symptom of menopause is vaginal dryness. Despite this condition could impact a woman at any point of her own life, the imbalances of hormones accompanying menopause mean that it is the most popular during this transition. Many home remedies for vaginal dryness are introduced and one of them is coconut oil, which is used as a lube. Before getting to know how to use coconut oil for vaginal dryness, you should understand what vaginal dryness is. Take a look from Wikiyeah.com!
What Is Vaginal Dryness?
This condition often results from inadequate lubrication in the female cervix, leading to thinning and inflammation of vaginal walls. It could be identified by a sensation of itching, stinging, or burning within the vagina, and even light vaginal bleeding or pain during physical intercourse. In fact, vaginal dryness is often resulted from low estrogen levels, which is the reason why it impacts those women experiencing menopause as well as post-menopause.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Coconut Oil
Coconuts, the tropical fruits originating in those countries in northwestern South America and on the Indian Ocean, are not sold widely. Coconut oil is extracted from this fruit and has a lot of benefits, for both health and beauty.
For those people who are looking for natural lubricants or alternative remedies, coconut oil comes with some advantages:
- As a lubricant, coconut oil can treat vaginal dryness naturally by moisturizing and soothing vaginal area.
- It has antifungal and antibacterial properties, so it could be lubricating and could prevent yeast infections
- It is cheap, thereby making it a cost-effective solution
- It is very easy to find in many grocery stores
Some disadvantages of coconut oil for vaginal dryness include:
- It is not liquid at the room temperature, but it could be warmed up in the human hands in less than one minute.
- It has a distinctive scent that some people might find off-putting.
How to Use Coconut Oil for Vaginal Dryness
Coconut oil has a versatile uses and it is just one of various options that can help with vaginal dryness. Coconut oil for vaginal dryness is well-known among women worldwide. There are a few ways to use it. The most common ways are:
- In the pill form
- In oil/cream form
- In the form of food
To use coconut oil for vaginal dryness in the pill form, you need to visit a retail store or an herbal store if your local grocery store does not have it. Just simply take the recommended dose, and let the coconut oil do its work.
To use coconut oil for vaginal dryness in the oil/cream form, you need to apply it right directly to your female area. You could do this as often as you want, and it could also be used as a cheap lubricant before having physical intercourse, which bring the best result. A large number of women have found that if they apply coconut oil over your female area a few minutes before intimacy, they can stay lubricated throughout the course. Coconut oil could also be consumed by taking 1-2 spoonfuls per day. By consuming it or ingesting it in the form of pills, you will also experience other benefits, for skin and hair.
Coconut oil can allow for moisture to stay where you require it too, for as long as you need. There is no side effect of using coconut oil for vaginal dryness because it is entirely natural. No one should let their vaginal problem slow down their physical intimacy life, or stop it definitely.
Tips To Handle Vaginal Dryness
There are some factors that could trigger vaginal dryness and even make it worse. To keep your vagina healthy and clean, you should implement the following:
- You should not use underwear made of synthetic materials as they might irritate your female area
- Avoid using harsh or scented soaps as well as cleanser like douches
- Vaginal dryness is usually associated with low levels of estrogen, yet it could sometimes be caused by a lack of inadequate stimulation, so using a lubricant will help avoid the discomfort during your intercourse. Additionally, there are some other methods which can help with physical intimacy for those who are experiencing vaginal dryness or who are not sure of their demand for lube, including:
- Pelvic exercise, like Kegel, could strengthen and relax your vaginal muscles.
- Spend more time on foreplay in order to enhance the levels of natural lubrication.
- Accelerate relaxation via massage, which is a useful way to avoid possible painful penetration.