Coconut oil is the semisolid fatty oil which is extracted from the coconut meat. It has shown to have a wide range of benefits for health and beauty, including skin, hair and immune systems. It is often used in soaps, foods and cosmetics. Coconut oil has 3 different kinds of fatty acids, which are capric acid, caprylic acid, and lauric acid which are efficient in combating Candida yeast. Thus, it is considered one of home remedies for yeast infections. Yeast infections are an inflammation of the vagina featured with intense itchiness, irritation, and discharge. It is resulted from a fungus named Candida which is normally present in small concentrations within the human body and develops during an immunity system or hormone imbalance.
How Does Coconut Oil Work Against Yeast Infections?
Coconut oil is rich in three active ingredients as mentioned above, which have antimicrobial, antiviral and antifungal properties. These compounds will target harmful bacteria whilst letting along friendly bacteria.
- The caprylic acid can break down the cell membrane controlling the number of yeast and preventing from proliferating as well as replicating itself.
- Coconut oil also consists of a large amount of lauric acid which is a nutrient strengthen and supporting the immune system of the human body to fight against yeast fungus.
- Because coconut oil is a natural sweetener so it acts as sugar substitute controlling the basic food source of Candida yeast cells. It supplies an instant energy to improve the immune system.
- Coconut oil acts as a natural antifungal and antibacterial that can natural kill Candida yeast.
- Coconut oil creates a non-irritating layer of protection and is able to heal infection rapidly by acting as a natural barrier against sensitive, irritated skin.
How To Use Coconut Oil For Yeast Infections
Coconut oil can fight fungal infection both externally and internally. The anti-fungal properties of coconut oil are effective in curing the infection within several hours to several days basing on the condition of the infection. You can consider the following methods collected by our WikiYeah team on how to use coconut oil for yeast infections, which come with minimal side effects.
1. Add Coconut Oil To Your Diet
In order to make use of benefits of coconut oil for yeast infections, you should incorporate 3 to 5 tablespoons of virgin coconut oil everyday into your diet. At first, you begin with a smaller dosage and then increase steadily. The below are some suggestions for the incorporation:
- Substitute coconut oil for your butter on toast
- Consume one teaspoon of coconut oil before every meal
- Add one teaspoon of coconut oil to coffee or add some to oatmeal
- Substitute coconut oil for other usual cooking oils because coconut oil does not break down into unhealthy trans fats if cooked in high temperatures.
2. Apply Coconut Oil On Your Skin
Before applying coconut oil on your skin, make sure that your affected skin area is clean and dried thoroughly. Then, take several drops of coconut oil to apply a thin layer on your affected area. Keep repeating this routine twice or thrice per day to get good results. If you do it regularly, you will heal your yeast infection faster.
3. Douche With Coconut Oil
Douching or washing with coconut oil once per day can help in preventing further development of yeast infection. You can mix 2 quarts of the warm distilled water 3-4 tablespoons of virgin coconut oil. Wash your affected skin with it.
In case you suffer from vagina yeast infection, just dip unbleached tampon in the coconut oil and wait for overnight or 8 hours before removing it off.
4. Combine Cinnamon Oil With Coconut Oil
Among ways on how to use coconut oil for yeast infections, the combination of coconut oil and cinnamon oil brings a good relief. This mixture will control yeast growth and naturally prevent yeast infections.
Just simply mix coconut oil and cinnamon oil with the same amount. Apply it over your infected area. Do it regularly till your problem disappears.
MORE: Yeast Infection No More Ebook – A new revolutionary guide for curing yeast infection
5. Coconut Oil And Vitamin E And Garlic Oil
Another way to use coconut oil for yeast infections is to dilute garlic oil and vitamin E in it. Next, apply the mixture over your affected area. Do it regularly till your yeast infection disappears.
6. Coconut Oil Capsules
You can take advantage of coconut oil capsules as an alternative to coconut oil. They are melted with your body heat and are best used before sleeping at night. You should wear a pad in the underwear in order to collect the melted capsule as well as prevent leakage. You should use 2-3 capsules every night to get better results.
Coconut oil is really beneficial for yeast infections and many other health issues but you should always use organic virgin coconut oil which is natural. Do not use hydrogenated coconut oil because this will damage the beneficial attributes and is high in dangerous trans-fatty acids.