At some point of our lives, we experience nausea. Whether your problem is related to acid reflux, pregnancy, cancer treatment, home remedies may supply some relief. Therapeutic high quality essential oils are considered as an excellent option for those who are looking for natural remedies for bloating, gas, and other digestive problems. Stocking your pantry with natural remedies for nausea could help you overcome your discomfort.
This article will focus on the benefits of essential oils for nausea and how to use essential oils for nausea properly. Basically, nausea is triggered by various situations, and acknowledging the cause is important for choosing the best treatment. For instance, nausea that is related to pregnancy requires a different response than the one that is caused by cancer treatment. The response of each person for nausea is different, so it might take experimenting to find the natural ways that provide the best nausea relief.
Take a look at the entry below, made by WikiYeah, to find out best essential oils for nausea and how to use essential oils for nausea properly!
1. Peppermint Oil
Peppermint oil is famous for its ability of relieving nausea, vomiting and stomach upset for centuries. In general, it is effective for nearly all the symptoms of upset stomach. Both peppermint oil and leaves are useful in helping with digestion and irritable bowel syndrome, according to WebMD.
Peppermint oil is great for nausea thanks to its numbing and calming effect. It helps relax the stomach muscles so that bile could break down fats. Food could move through your stomach rapidly. That means, if you suffer from GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease), you had better not use peppermint.
Peppermint is available in different forms as well as treatments, such as ointments for skin irritation. Peppermint oil can help ease nausea and is safe for pregnancy. You could also make use of peppermint through the tea form to get the same effect.
How To Use Peppermint Oil For Nausea:
• Inhale or diffuse to get rid of nausea
• You need to dilute 2 drops of peppermint with several drops of carrier oil like olive oil or coconut oil
• Massage it over your stomach in order to relieve stomach problems
• Or, you could drink the solution of one drop of peppermint oil diluted in water. That helps decrease your sour stomach symptoms.
• To get better results, you should take peppermint in the forms of capsules as its active ingredients will more easily reach the colon.
2. Di-Gize Essential Oil
The next option among essential oils for nausea is Di-Gize essential oil. Actually, Di-Gize is a unique mixture of ginger, tarragon, peppermint, juniper, fennel, lemongrass, patchouli, and anise. That said, it is the mixture of nearly all the recommended essential oils for digestion. You can use this unique blend for soothing your upset stomach, gas, bloating, sour stomach, blackflow and more. Besides, a lot of people have reported its effectiveness for parasites and yeast.
Most importantly, the fennel essential oil in this mixture features with stomach soothing properties, thereby making it a perfect option for those who are looking for home remedies for indigestion while the lemongrass oil included has anti-inflammatory, anti-parasitic and pain relieving properties. Each essential oil put in the Di-Gize mixture could be effective in separately treating related symptoms.
How To Use Di-Gize Essential Oil For Nausea:
• You can rub several drops of this essential oil on your stomach area to help ease stomach discomforts.
• Inhale di-gize essential oil will calm your motion distress
• Diffuse the blend during during meditation to help relax the intestinal responses towards stress
• You can put a drop of this oil under your tongue before your meal or when necessary to get better results
• Remember to dilute with carrier oil like olive oil or coconut oil upon applying topically or using as your dietary supplement
MORE: best essential oils for face
3. Ginger Oil
Among essential oils for nausea, ginger essential oil is effective in fighting gas, inflammation, bloating and nausea.
Ginger essential oil is good for upset stomach and aids for digestion naturally. Ginger is well-known for its ability of relieving motion sickness as well as other forms of inflammation, and supporting healthy digestion for over 2,000 years. Having serotonin antagonists that help improve gastric mobility, ginger oil also has antispasmodic effect which can relieve indigestion by relaxing your intestines during an attack.
How To Use Ginger Oil For Nausea:
• Diffuse or inhale ginger oil directly
• Rub several drops of ginger oil over your bloated stomach for quick relief
• To get better results, you put a drop under your tongue or drink the combination of ginger oil diluted in one glass of water.
MORE: 7 methods to use ginger oil for asthma
4. Roman Chamomile Essential Oil
When it comes to essential oils for nausea, roman chamomile essential oil may not be well-known, but it does really reduce bowel inflammation and calm the spasm in your gut. It is useful in eliminating the gas within your intestines. In addition, thanks to the soothing effect for bowel and stomach, Roman chamomile essential oil also helps with burping, sour stomach and many other health issues. According to some recent reports, this essential oil also helps with parasites.
How To Use Roman Chamomile Essential Oil For Nausea:
• You can diffuse or inhale this oil directly
• Or, you could dilute and then apply several drops on your wrists, ears, forehead, neck or feet.
• In the form of capsule, you could use it as a dietary supplement.
5. Cumin Essential Oil
Being great for various stomach distress problems, cumin essential has carminative, detoxifying, anti-spasmodic properties, making it ideal for digestive issues that a large number of people experience. According to clinical research, those people with IBS symptoms, including constipation, diarrhea, irregular stools, watery, abdominal pain and nausea, reported the significant decrease of these symptoms after using cumin essential oil.
How To Use Cumin Essential Oil For Nausea:
• You should avoid expose yourself to sunlight after external application as it has photo-toxicity. Besides, pregnant women should not use this oil.