5. Unsafe Foods
Whether you have diarrhea or not, you should always make sure that you only eat food that has been safely washed, prepared and stored. Foods which are not safely prepared and stored will put people at the risk for a serious gastrointestinal illness. So, you should always observe good and safe food hygiene:
- Wash your hands thoroughly before you prepare or eat any food.
- Wash thoroughly the raw fruits as well as vegetables.
- Clean food preparation surfaces with the hot soapy water both before and after use.
- Cook all foods to an internal temperature of 160 F.
- Refrigerate or freeze all the leftovers instantly after eating. [Read: best foods to eat while on period]
6. Caffeine, Alcohol, and Carbonated Drinks
For healthy people, drinks including caffeine, alcohol, and carbonation tend to not generally cause diarrhea. Nevertheless, each has the potential to be a GI irritant, and therefore might be best avoided till your own system can return to normal.
Above are some important nutrition tips for those with diarrhear – foods to avoid when you have diarrhea. Use these tips so you will help accelerate your treating and healing process more effectively and quickly.