6. Tea Bag
Similar tea tree oil, tea bag is one of the easiest home remedies for bacterial vaginosis.
- Soak a tea bag into the water and place it in your fridge for several minutes.
- Then, place it into your vagina for 10 minutes or so
This will give you a soothing relief for the itchy feeling caused by the infection. [Read: natural remedies for hot flashes]
7. Turmeric And Milk
Thanks to the lactobacilli bacteria in milk, it could be used as a natural cure for BV. Also, milk is helpful in strengthening the human immune system.
- Mix one teaspoon of the turmeric powder in the glass of tepid milk
- Drink it daily till your BV symptoms disappear entirely.
As an alternative, you can:
- Dip a tampon in chilled milk and then insert it into your own vagina.
- Wait for 1-2 hours before removing it.
Apply this method once per day, for a few days to get good results. [Read: foods to avoid when you have diarrhea]
8. Margosa Leaves (Indian Lilac)
In this list of natural home remedies for bacterial vaginosis, margosa leaves is an efficient cure that not many women know. Indian lilac, which is also called as margosa or neem, includes antibacterial and antifungal properties, helping reduce inflammation and itching feelings and also kill the germs resulting in bacterial infection.
- Crush a handful of these leaves in a proper amount of water to create a good paste.
- Then, apply the paste on your vagina.
- Wait for 1-2 hours before rinsing it off. Do this routine twice per day to get relief.
9. Coconut Oil
Coconut oil comes with antibacterial, antiviral and antifungal properties which could kill germs leading to BV and prevent it from recurring.
- You could apply the organic coconut oil onto your affected area thrice per day.
- Or, you could soak a tampon in the organic coconut oil and then insert it in your vagina.
- After a few hours, you remove it.
- Rinse the vagina area with tepid water thoroughly. Apply this method once per day for a few days.
To make use of coconut oil more frequently, you can add it to your cooking process to boost immune system and promote healing process. [Read: natural remedies for allergies]
10. Oregano Oil
Because oregano oil includes both antifungal and antibacterial properties, so it could be helpful in fighting the germs responsible for bacterial infection. Also, it is effective in prevent the recurrence of the infection. For curing BV, you should use oregano oil which does not contain alcohol.
- Mix 3 drops of this oil with 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Then, apply the mixture onto your vagina area.
- Wait for a couple of hours and remove it. Do this once per day to get good results.
Alternatively, you could:
- Mix 3 drops of this oil in one glass of tepid water.
- Drink it twice per day. Keep doing this treatment for 1-2 months. [Read: uses of lemon]