11. Hydrogen Peroxide
Another effective natural home remedy for bacterial vaginosis is Hydrogen Peroxide which can work as a natural disinfectant helping eliminate bad bacteria as well as other inflammatory agents that trigger BV. What you need to do is:
- Mix equal amounts of the 3% hydrogen peroxide and plain water together to create a solution.
- Then, use this solution as a douche.
- Apply it to the tampon and insert in into your vagina and wait for less than 30 minutes.
- Rinse your vagina off with plain water
12. Golden Seal
Being a powerful bacterial vaginosis treatment, golden seal could treat the bacterial infection in your vagina. Apply it as a tincture to get rid of this condition fast. [Read: health benefits of beer]
13. Black Walnut
Having great antiseptic and anti-parasitic properties, black walnut can naturally cure bacterial vaginosis. To heal the infection of your vagina, you simply:
- Apply black walnut tincture over your down-there area.
- Wait for 2 hours or so and rinse it thoroughly.
14. Warm Water Bath
This sounds too simple to do but a bathing in warm water will help you soothe the tissues within your vagina, so you can prevent further infection.
15. Folic Acid And Citrus Fruits
Eating foods that have folate can help keep women protected against problems related to bacterial vaginosis. Therefore, you should increase your intake of dark leafy greens, asparagus, spinach, broccoli, and avocado in your daily diet.
In addition to dark leafy greens, you should also eat more citrus fruits and drink more citrus juices to naturally boost your immune system. Lemons, grapefruits and oranges are rich in vitamin C, helping you fight off infections.
With the home remedies for bacterial vaginosis above, you could take control of the bacterial infection symptoms effectively and prevent it from recurring. However, in addition to these remedies, you should also follow some preventive measures, like:
- Avoid douching, sexual contact with multiple partners
- Maintain good vaginal hygiene
- Avoid over consumption of sugar, no smoking and alcohol
- Avoid using intrauterine contraceptive devices
- Use cotton panties