Body odor is socially disastrous! Well, how does it feel when other people do not want to come to close to you? How awful and embarrassing it is as others who talk to you to keep stepping back or subtly use their handkerchiefs or hands to cover their own nose?
Unpleasant and strong odor emanates from the human body since the sweat glands are overactive. However, it is sweat that results in body odor. The unpleasant odor happens when sweat mixes with bacteria. And, the bacteria that lead to odor grow rapidly in moist, warm environment. Besides, there are some other causes of body odor which are poor hygiene, gastrointestinal issues like chronic constipation, nutrients deficiencies, and underlying medical problems like genetic metabolic disorders, diabetes, or liver disease. In fact, the primary symptom of this embarrassing condition is a pungent smell rising from the body. Besides, excessive sweating, cold hands, night sweats, and weight loss are also other symptoms of body odor.
Oftentimes, people can use over-the-counter medicines to treat their body odor. Good hygiene is also remained. However, in order to not only get rid of body odor but also reduce excess sweating naturally, there are some home remedies for body odor relief that you can make use of right instantly with the use of easy-to-find ingredients. Check out from Wikiyeah.com now!
11 Home Remedies For Body Odor – Treat Body Odor Naturally
When it comes to home remedies for body odor relief, do not skip one of the most common ingredients available in your kitchen – white vinegar. Vinegar could be used to get a person rid of their body smell. Body odor happens because of the growth of bacteria in such areas as groin area, underarms, and so on. These areas are sweaty thanks to more active apocrine sweat glands. As bacteria feed on the sweat, they manufacture bad smell. Bacteria, in reality, need high pH levels to survive. Vinegar could lower the pH level of the human skin so that you will be able to feel fresh all day long without worrying about the body odor. Use vinegar in the following ways:
- Soak one cotton ball in white vinegar and then apply to the underarms
- Pour vinegar in the sprayer and then spray onto the underarms after taking a shower. And, avoid using any deodorant after resorting vinegar.
- Dilute a small amount of vinegar into a mug of water, whilst having and rinse the underarms with that water.
- Avoid using vinegar after having a shave because this might burn your abrades skin. [Read: home remedies for hair removal on hands and legs]
2. Baking Soda
Another one in this list of home remedies for baking soda is to baking soda. Because baking soda can help absorb moisture from the human skin, it could absorb sweat and decrease body odor. Moreover, it can also kill the bacteria and works well like the natural deodorant.
- To start, you mix 1 tablespoon of baking soda and the same amount of lemon juice. Then, apply the mixture to your underarms as well as other body parts in which your sweat is excessive. Wait for several minutes before washing it off. Avoid scrubbing. Take a bath later. Apply this method once per day for several weeks.
- As an alternative, you can mix the same amounts of cornstarch and baking soda. Apply it directly onto your underarms which are dry for preventing sweating and bad odor. This remedy could be used daily. [Read: full body detox tips]
3. Lemon Juice
Like vinegar, lemon juice can lower the pH level of the human skin, making it hard for odor manufacturing bacteria to survive. Hence, using lemon juice, you will really know how to stop embarrassment and how to build self confidence by eliminating your body odor naturally. Furthermore, lemon could be used by those who have sensitive skin which could not tolerate even vinegar.
- You can take ½ of a lemon to rub under the arms. Squeeze the juice on to your own skin.
- Alternatively, you could squeeze the juice of a lemon and use a cotton ball to absorb the juice before applying onto your underarms.
- If you do not love the super acidic nature of lemon, or you just have mild body odor, then you could dilute lemon juice in water before applying that mixture to your underarms.
- Also, keep in mind that lemon juice stings if used after shaving, so you need to shave the night before to get enough long gap between shaving and using lemon juice for skin.