It is reported that millions kids in U.S get head lice annually. Head lice are a common occurrence and not an indication of poor hygiene. If your child just got back from an overnight with friends and your kid are a parent tells you that one of the children has lice, then there is no need to panic. Whilst they could spread, they do not carry disease – they do not mean that you or your kid is unclean.
In order to know how to get rid of head lice eggs permanently, you should acknowledge the steps to do it right. There are times when you use a lice comb to comb your kid’s hair each morning and evening for 3 weeks. Yet, apart from that routine, what you should find out what actually works. The followings are tried-and-true steps to get rid of head lice once and for all. Check out from Wikiyeah.com!
How To Get Rid Of Head Lice Eggs – 3 Must-Do Steps
- Smother The Lice
When it comes to home remedies on how to get rid of head lice, it is shown that nearly all of them rely on some methods to suffocate the lice. Using an effective home remedy might be preferable to putting harsh chemicals on the head. It is crucial to note that some experts believe that the combing does not always work. In fact, the suffocating remedies just stun the lice, then make them easier and slower to catch on the comb.
Read on the next step to know how to get rid of head lice with comb and oil treatment. [Read: home remedies for grey hair]
- Comb And Oil Treatment
Some websites recommend people with head lice to use Vaseline and mayonnaise to coat their hair. However, they are unnecessarily messy and the two of them are hard to wash out. Instead, you had better coat the hair with almond oil or olive oil.
On the other hand, some people suggest that sufferers should coat the comb instead of the hair and re-applying the proper oil as necessary. Thus, you can try both of these two methods to see which will work best for you. [Read: how to increase hair growth and thickness]
Steps of comb and oil treatment:
- Just divide the hair of your kid into a many small sections, then use a hair clip to move them out of the way. Use a good light to work under so you could see your actions easily.
- Rinse out the comb often under running hot water when you go.
- When you have entirely combed out your kid’s hair, use the regular shampoo of your kid to wash it off, repeat.
- Remember to wash the towels used and clean out the lice comb as well. Soak it in a 2% Lysol solution or 10% bleach solution for about 30 minutes and rinse it off well.
- As an alternative, you could soak the comb in vinegar for up to 30 minutes or boil it in hot water for 10 minutes.
Follow this procedure daily for one week. In the next two weeks, you comb through your kid’s hair nightly to make sure that the lice will be gone. [Read: how to make homemade hair dye]
- Essential Oil Treatment
In reality, there are a lot of essential oils which have been shown to be efficient in removing head lice. Before using any essential oil, you should put a small drop on the back of your kid’s hand. Though it is rare, some children have allergic reaction to some oils – particularly tea tree oil. If your kid is among those children, you should move on the next oil on the following list:
- Tea tree oil
- Neem oil
- Lavender oil
- Clove oil
- Aniseed oil
- Coconut oil
- Cinnamon leaf oil
- Peppermint oil
- Red thyme oil
- Nutmeg oil
Steps of essential oil treatment:
- Mix 2 ounces of the olive oil with 15-20 drops of your favorite essential oil (chosen from the above).
- Then, apply to your scalp by using a cotton ball. Let it sit on your scalp for all night long or at least 12 hours.
- As an alternative, you should combine 15-20 drops of essential oil with 4 ounces of rubbing alcohol.
- Next, place the mixture in a spray bottle, and spray your hair with it, wait for 12 hours.
- In the next morning, you comb out the hair of your kid. Shampoo, rinse and repeat.
- When the lice have been removed, the essential oil-alcohol spray could be used as an effective preventive treatment. Yet, you should remember that combing out your kid’s hair is definitely necessary to eliminating the lice.
With diligence and patience, you could easily remove head lice eggs by using some of the tips on how to get rid of head lice eggs above in no time.