When it comes to how to lighten your skin at home, yogurt cannot be overlooked. Yogurt, a by-product of milk, has many nutrients that are good for the skin. It also contains lactic acid that has bleaching properties. The following remedies are suitable for all skin types.
- Gently rub plain yogurt onto your skin. Leave it on for a few minutes and then wash it off with lukewarm water. Do this once daily for several weeks to notice a significant change in your complexion.
- Alternatively, mix one tablespoon of fresh yogurt with one-half tablespoon of honey. Apply the mixture on your face and neck. Leave it on for 10 to 15 minutes and then wash it off with water. Do this daily to improve your skin tone and complexion.
- You can also add a little lemon juice and some oatmeal to yogurt to make a thick paste, and apply it as a face mask. This remedy will also help keep your skin supple and moisturized.
2. Chamomile Flowers
Add three teaspoons of dried chamomile flowers into one cup of boiling water and let it soaked for 10 minutes. Strain the herbs from the solution. Add one tbsp. each of rose water and honey. Apply this onto your skin and rinse it of after 15-20 minutes. Any excess solution left can be kept in your refrigerator.
3. Gram Flour / Chickpea Flour And Turmeric Powder With Olive Oil
How to lighten your skin at home with gram flour? Blend the finely grounded grams flour or chickpea flour and face turmeric with olive oil. Apply this paste onto your skin and rinse off after 15-20 minutes.
To create a whitening liquid, slice the lemon in half and remove the seeds. Using the manual juicer, juice the lemon until all juice is extracted from it. If you don’t have a juicer, hold the lemon over a large bowl and squeeze it as hard as you can, wringing every little bit of juice from it.
Or, you can use lemon for freckles. Freckles are concentrated clusters of melanin, the pigment that colors human skin. These brown, light brown or reddish marks are most common in fair-haired people, and usually appear on the face, neck and shoulders. If you want to lighten your freckles naturally, you can use lemon juice to do so; the acidic properties of the lemons will lighten your skin, but it takes time to do so and any lightening is only temporary; once you go back into the sun without good sunblock, your freckles will return.
- Dip a cotton ball in freshly squeezed lemon juice and apply it directly on your face. You can even rub a cut lemon directly over the affected skin and allow the juice to stick to the skin. Leave it on for at least an hour and then wash your face with water. Do this once daily. This simple remedy will surely lighten your skin complexion and can also prevent the development of scars on your face.
- Mix three teaspoons of lemon juice and one teaspoon of turmeric powder or tomato juice to make a paste. Apply the paste on the skin and leave it on for half an hour. Wash it off with water. Do this once daily.
- Alternatively, mix together one teaspoon each of lemon juice, powdered milk and honey. Apply it on your skin and leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes before rinsing it off. Do this daily or every other day.
To learn how to lighten your skin at home, you make use of honey. Honey helps bleach skin while also acting as a moisturizing agent. Dry skin is a common factor that contributes to an uneven skin tone. Honey also has antibacterial properties that can help fade age spots and acne scars.
- Apply pure honey to your face, leave it on for a few minutes and then wash it off with lukewarm water. This simple remedy will help remove dead skin cells, making your skin appear brighter and fresher than before. Do this once daily.
- To make a skin-lightening mask, combine one teaspoon each of honey and lemon juice, one tablespoon of powdered milk, and one-half teaspoon of almond oil. Mix them well and apply it gently on the skin. Leave it on for 10 to 15 minutes and then wash it off with cold water. Do this every other day.