Is your skin itching all the time? Itchy skin is reckoned as a popular skin problem that impacts a large number of people worldwide, regardless of age, gender or skin types. Yet, dry skin might be prone to itching than other types.
There are a lot of reasons why the human skin gets itchy, such as insect bites, allergic reactions, skin infections, harsh soaps, dry weather, detergents, and a few medications. Some reasons are more serious and might require a visit to a professional dermatologist while some could be handled by taking a bath. If you just suffer from a mild case of itchy skin, you can consider applying some natural tips on how to stop itchy skin fast here – from Wikiyeah.com!
1. Baking Soda
Also known as sodium bicarbonate, baking soda can help fight off itches of all kinds and relieve skin irritations of all types. Thanks to anti-inflammatory and soothing properties, baking soda is a natural acid neutralizer that can alleviate symptoms of skin rashes and calm down itchiness resulted from insect bites, allergies, sunburn, chicken pox and shingles.
Moreover, due to its calming properties, baking soda could lessen symptoms of chapped skin, thereby preventing further irritation and restoring the natural balanced pH level of skin.
You just need to:
• Take one cup of baking soda and add it into your bathtub which is filled with cool water.
• Mix them well to distribute baking soda thoroughly
• Soak yourself into this solution for 30 minutes or so and pat dry your skin using a soft towel
It is recommended to do this routine once per day till your problem disappears.
In case your itchy skin area is small, you can:
• Mix baking soda with water at the ratio of 3:1
• Apply this paste over your problematic area, wait for 10 minutes and rinse it off with cool water
• Do this once per day
Warning: you should not use baking soda on open wounds or broken skin.
Natural colloidal oatmeal comes with soothing and anti-itching constituents like beta-glucan, silicon, and avenanthramides.
The key compound in oatmeal is avenanthramides that are responsible for anti-irritating properties. It helps calm down skin irritation and heal inflamed, itchy, and dry skin. It is shown that the less processed oatmeal is, the more avenanthramides it has. To take advantage of colloidal oatmeal, you can:
• Add 1-2 cups of colloidal oatmeal to your bathtub which is filled with tepid water
• Soak yourself in this solution for 15 minutes. Avoid using hot water because it might irritate the skin
• Add 1 cup of colloidal oatmeal to 1 liter of water and wait till it becomes a consistent paste.
• Apply the solution over your itchy skin, cover it with a soft towel, leave it there 30 minutes
• Apply this method once per day till you get rid of itchy skin.