Nail fungus is considered as the most popular kind of fungal infection. It develops in warm, dark, and moist environments, and could impact both fingernails and toenails. It begins out as white or yellow spots on just one or a few nails, and once left untreated, it will result in further pain, discoloration, and the crumbling of fingernail and toenail edges.
Both males and females might experience this condition from time to time, which feature with symptoms like swelling, pain, and inflammation. The affected nail might also become thicken and even crumble. The main causes of this condition include synthetic socks, sweaty shoes, diabetes, and poor hygiene. There are a lot of home remedies for nail fungus that you can follow and among natural methods on how to treat nail fungus, the ones involved with using vinegar might be the most common. Thanks to the anti-fungal properties available in vinegar, it is an old home remedy to decrease nail fungus. And, apple cider vinegar, a special type of vinegar, seems to be the most effective.
Fungus thrives when the skin surrounding a nail turns to be more alkaline. With the acidity in apple cider vinegar, it helps balance the pH level of the skin and kill the fungus. It fights the bacteria, germs, and micro-organisms causing nail fungus. Also, the acidity of apple cider vinegar helps relieve itching and pain.
Here, WikiYeah introduces to you steps on how to treat nail fungus with vinegar. Some information in this entry is referred from WebMD, MayoClinic, and Top10Homeremedies.Take a look!
I. How To Treat Nail Fungus With Vinegar – 7 Recipes For Fingernail Fungus
1. Use Water And Apple Cider Vinegar
• Mix the same parts of water and apple cider vinegar (ACV)
• Soak the impacted nails into this solution for about half of an hour
• Remove your nails from the solution and let it dry entirely
• Do this routine every day for 1 month.
2. Use Rice Flour And Apple Cider Vinegar
Rice flour is another ingredient that can be combined with ACV, when it comes to learning how to treat nail fungus with vinegar. Here’re steps:
• Simply mix 2 or 3 tsps of ACV with rice flour to create a good past
• Apply that paste onto the infected nails and then scrub slightly to remove your dead skin cells
• Leave the paste there for some minutes, wash and dry your nails
• If you want, apply the anti-fungal ointment
• Do this routine regularly to get good results
3. Use Apple Cider Vinegar And Baking Soda
• Mix the same amount of water with apple cider vinegar
• Soak your infected nails into the solution for 15 minutes or so, then remove and thoroughly pat dry
• Then, mix water with baking soda to create a paste
• Again, soak the infected nails to that paste for 15 minutes
• Remove it away and pat dry
• Repeat it twice per day
Apple cider vinegar can help kill off fungus while baking soda will help inhibit potential fungal growth.
4. Use Cotton Swab And Apple Cider Vinegar
• Soak a cotton swab into 1 tablespoon of ACV
• Apply the swab into that solution and let it dry
• Repeat it a few times per day
That way, ACV will go under the nail to kill off the fungal infection. This might be the simplest method on how to treat nail fungus with vinegar.
5. Use Diluted Apple Cider Vinegar
You can prevent fungal infections from inside out by diluting 1 tbsp of ACV into 8 oz of water.
6. Use Hydrogen Peroxide, Hot Water, Borax And ACV
• Add 2 tablespoons of borax to the hot water and then allow it to dissolve
• Add the same quantities of water and ACV to that mixture
• Add a few drops of 3% hydrogen peroxide and then stir it well
• Soak your infected nails for 30 minutes
• Repeat the routine everyday till your problem disappears.
7. Use Copper Sulfate And Apple Cider Vinegar
In regard to natural home remedies on how to treat nail fungus with vinegar, the combination of ACV and copper sulfate is another great solution.
• Mix 20gms of copper sulfate with 40 ml of ACV
• Mix them well and pour the mixture into a spray bottle, then top off with water.
• Then, use that solution to spray on infected fingernails
• Do this daily to get better results.
II. How To Treat Nail Fungus With Vinegar – 5 Recipes For Toenail Fungus
1. Have A Foot Bath With ACV
You can use apple cider vinegar to treat toenail fungus by mixing the same parts of apple cider vinegar and water together.
• Soak you infected toes into the solution for 30 minutes and dry your feet thoroughly
• After that, massage your feet with tea tree oil or mix it with carrier choice for several minutes
• Do this method a few times per day, no more 4 times
• You should alternate between cold and warm water foot baths to get better results
2. Use Epsom Salt And Apple Cider Vinegar
Another tip on how to treat nail fungus with vinegar is to combine it with Epsom salt.
• Mix 1/3 cup of Epsom salt with the same cup of ACV along with 2 cups of hot water, stir it well
• Soak the toes for half of an hour
• Do this routine once or twice per day
• If you soak for a long time, then chances of getting rid of fungus will be higher.
3. Use Listerine And Apple Cider Vinegar
The antiseptic properties in Listerine will help kill bacteria, germs, and fungus.
• Combine ACV, lemon juice and Listerine together and stir them well
• Soak your infected nails into that solution for 15 minutes
• Remove your foot from the bath and scrub the toes slightly for several minutes, dry them entirely
• Do this a few times per day
4. Use Manuka Honey With Apple Cider Vinegar
• Mix 2 tablespoons of ACV with 1 tbsp of Manuka Honey
• Then, add this solution into one glass of warm filtered water and then mix them well
• Drink this to help kill bacteria from within.
5. Use Apple Cider Vinegar Directly On The Nails
• It is no need for you to mix ACV with another ingredient, just simply pour several drops of ACV onto your nails and let it dry naturally, no wash
• Do this 2 times per day
• You could use this method in conjunction with your foot baths.
Really, among many home treatments for nail fungus, using vinegar is the cure that spreads by words of mouth. This “how to treat nail fungus with vinegar” article focuses on giving you various recipes to use apple cider vinegar to cure both fingernail and toenail fungus. In addition to ACV, there are a few other types of vinegar, including wine vinegar, malt vinegar, balsamic vinegar, fruit vinegar, coconut vinegar, cane vinegar, beer vinegar, honey vinegar and other flavored vinegars. You can make use of whichever of these vinegars. Besides using ACV externally, you can drink vinegar that support your treating process, but its taste is not pleasant for some people.