Previously, we have introduced to you a series of usages of ginger for different issues, like how to use ginger for nausea, how to use ginger for acid reflux, and how to use ginger for pain. Now, we pen this article about how to use ginger for hair growth with the hope that helps you regrow hair lost more quickly. Ginger, we all know that it is a common staple in kitchen cabinets. However, not many of us know its surprising benefits. Not only is ginger beneficial for the human health but also for hair. Using ginger for hair growth was known for centuries. In India where Ayurveda is strongly trusted for curing diseases as well as health issues, it is highly recommended the use of ginger for hair growth.
Before learning how to use ginger for hair growth on Wikiyeah.com, you should know what properties of ginger that help in growing hair:
- Fresh ginger roots contain potassium, phosphorus, and vitamins helping in making your hair healthier, stronger, and shinier.
- It strengthens your hair roots
- Dandruff can be treated by using ginger. Just apply ginger oil combined with olive oil on the scalp and leave it there overnight.
- Ginger with its constituents can help fight off dry hair. It naturally makes the scalp stronger and healthier, boosting hair growth.
- Ginger consists of circulatory agents, increasing the blood flow and circulation through scalp, improving the development of hair follicles. When hair follicles are increased or wakened, then they will boost hair growth automatically.
- Ginger is high in fatty acids, preventing hair thinning which leads to the reduction of hair loss.
There, the above are some of the most appreciated properties of ginger for hair growth. Usually, people are confused in between using ginger powder and ginger roots. Ginger roots are highly recommended to use in compared with ginger powder. It is because ginger roots are rich essential nutrients as well as other elements that are required for the development of hair follicles. Other ginger products might contain a few coloring agents which could make your hair blonde.
Despite there are tons of ways on how to use ginger for hair growth, the following are 4 most tested effective methods you should apply.
Ginger For Hair Growth – 4 Recipes
1. Ginger Roots And Olive / Jojoba Oil
When it comes to methods on how to use ginger for hair growth, the combination of ginger roots and olive oil (or jojoba oil) is the first recommended option. Using ginger roots could give you strong and shiny mane whereas jojoba oil or olive oil helps smooth your hair and make it stronger.
- Take fresh ginger roots which are peeled off
- Squeeze the roots to extract the juice
- Mix 1 tablespoon of the fresh ginger juice with 1 tablespoon of olive oil or jojoba oil together
- Rub the mixture over your scalp and massage in circular motions.
- Wait for 15 to 30 minutes before washing it off with mild shampoo. You should not let this solution dry on your scalp or sit on for longer hours.
- Repeat this routine once or twice per week to get good results.
2. Fresh Ginger
- Take some fresh ginger pieces which are peeled off
- Crush them off and mix them with a proper amount of water to get a smooth mixture
- Pour that pureed mixture over the thin muslin cloth which is placed on the top of a bowl.
- After gathering the edges of the cloth together, twist tightly to squeeze as much juice as possible into that bowl.
- Apply the juice over your scalp and wait for 10 minutes before rinsing it off with mild shampoo
3. Ginger, Sesame Oil, And Lemon Juice
- Take a few fresh ginger pieces, grate and place them in a bowl
- Add 3 tablespoons of sesame oil and 2 or 3 drops of fresh lemon juice to that bowl
- Apply the mixture over your scalp and start massaging gently using circular motions
- Wait for 30 minutes before washing it thoroughly with shampoo and conditioner.
- Any leftover mixture of the treatment could be reused by placing in the fridge
4. Ready-Made Products
If you do not have enough time to make the methods on how to use ginger for hair growth above, you can think of ready-made products of ginger mixed with essential oils. You could buy one of these and apply that liquid over your scalp using circular massage. Wait for 20 minutes before rinsing it off with plenty of water. Keep repeating the process twice per week, then you will notice your hair get stronger and much more abundant.
However, remember that using ginger could cause irritation to your scalp. The strong tingling sensation is not comfortable if you have sensitive scalp. Nevertheless, you could still reap the benefits of ginger treatments by making some slight modifications. What you need is to decrease the amount of ginger used and the time for the treatment basing on your suitability.