Lice are a kind of parasite that lives in skin or hair of animals and people. Lice survive by eating blood of people or animals they live in. It makes people and animals feel itch and frustrate. The main reason of the reproduction of lice is unsanitary lifestyle of animals or people. There are many ways to abolish and prevent lice on skin or hair. One of the ways that are propagated by many people is using tea tree oil for lice removal. But some people are still suspicious at this statement. To know whether or not this statement is true, you should know some basic things about tea tree oil and lice. They will be shown below.
How To Know You Are Being Bitten By Lice?
When lice attack you, you can recognize these symptoms below:
- Extremely itchy
- Feeling like some kinds of insect are biting you
- Scalp aching
- You can see something is as big as a sesame seed or bigger
Why People Are Attacked By Lice?
There are some reasons below making lice survive in people’s hair:
- People use the same comb, clothes or hat with somebody who has been bitten by lice
- Lice can run form one person to another one from 2 ways: from scalp to scalp or from body to body
- Lice can come from beds, pillows or blankets used by people attacked by lice.
- You rarely bath
- You rarely wash clothes, blanket, pillow, bed sheets
Some Basic Things About Tea Tree Oil
- Origin of tea tree: Tea tree is a plant comes from Chinese, now is being used in many countries around the world
- Some characteristics you can see or smell at pure tea tree oil: tea tree oil have a slightly dense; tea tree oil’s smell can make you feel comfortable; it is a little bit hot.
- Nutritious valuation: Tea tree oil contains many good-for-health nutrition such as anti-oxygen nutrition, vitamin, L-theanin, and caffeine. These kinds of nutrition create the antiseptic bacteria and germ, soothing, relaxing properties of tea tree oil. [Read more: 7 Best Ways to Use Neem for Dandruff Treatment]
After reading about symptoms, reasons of being attacked by lice and some characteristics to identify pure tea tree oil above, perhaps you can believe that using tea tree oil for lice is true. Now, this part of this article on WikiYeah.com will show you how to use tea tree oil for lice in 3 most effectively ways.
Make sure you are not allergic with tea tree oil before using it for massaging head skin. You should check the reaction of skin before using for all sculp. If you feel itchy, rash, stop using it for another area of skin. If you don’t feel anything frustrated after trial, you can use it for the whole scalp by doing some ways below:
How To Use Tea Tree Oil For Lice on Scalp – 3 Must-Try Ways
1. Mix Tea Tree Oil With Olive Oil / Coconut Oil / Lavender Oil
Olive oil has the ability to eliminate insect. So, you can mix it with olive oil to get rid of lice in hair by doing like this.
- Take 2- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- Take some drops of tea tree oil into olive oil
- Pour this mixture to your hands, then rub well
- Use fingertips to massage scalp
- Let it be in from 30 to 60 minutes
- Rinse off thoroughly with water
- Wash your hair again by vinegar to make sure that you can abolish all lice
- Do these steps above day by day until you feel that lice leave your scalp
Mix tea tree oil with coconut oil or lavender oil and shampoo:
- First, you should prepare these ingredients with the amount here: 2 tablespoons of coconut oil or lavender oil; 3 tablespoons of shampoo; 5 -10 drops of tea tree oil
- After finding all these ingredients, mix them well
- Then apply the mixture to your head skin and your hair
- Next, cover your hair with a moisture towel or a towel cap
- Wait for 1 hour
- After 1 hour, comb your hair to abolish all dead lice
- Wash your hair with shampoo which extracted from natural ingredients and conditioner
2. Use Tea Tree Oil To Massage Your Scalp
This is the best way to use tea tree oil for lice. Tea tree oil can develop all their functions to get rid of lice in your hair when you just use it alone. By this way, you need to do these steps below:
- First, drop a few drops of tea tree oil into your hand
- Second, massage two hands to each other
- Third, apply tea tree oil into your scalp and your hair
- Next, use fingertips to massage your head skin
- After that, leave it overnight
- In the morning, after waking up, shed off dead lice by combing your hair
Do these steps above from twice to three times a week to perceive tea tree oil’s effectiveness.
3. Spray Tea Tree Oil To Your Hair And Your Scalp
Below are the steps you need to do to make lice run out of scalp and your hair:
- Fill in a half of spray bottle with water
- Add 4 or 5 drops of tea tree oil to water in spray bottle
- Close the bottle spray shake until tea tree oil and water dissolve into each other
- Spray the mixture into your head skin and your hair
- Let the mixture be for at least 2 hours
- Comb your hair so as to eliminate all dead lice in your hair and scalp
- Rinse off thoroughly by water
Cautions: Although tea tree oil is very effective for eliminating lice, some people shouldn’t use them. Don’t use tea tree oil if:
- You are allergic with tea tree oil
- You are in pregnant
- Besides, don’t drink or overdose tea tree oil, otherwise you will be poisoned.
The tips on how to use tea tree oil for lice are suitable for most people, from young to old, from women to men. You can do it easily because all you need to do is mixing ingredients, apply to your hair, comb hair and rinse off by water. The ingredients of these tips are popular, so you can find it easily. If you feel this article is helpful, leave us comments.